Friday, December 30, 2011

Lost and Found

Before the popularity of the automobile GPS, making a wrong turn was a common occurrence.  I made a few of them myself.  Getting lost is not an idea of fun for many people.  However, for me making a wrong turn always turned out to be more of an adventure rather than an unfortunate event. Sometimes I would even discovered new shortcuts or hidden eateries that would later became favorite hangouts.

The path I take in my daily life is safe and predictable.  But the price of security is the lack of adventure and the absence of new experiences.  It's OK to make a wrong turn once in a while.  I dare to even say that a wrong turn is a blessing from God, who taps us on the shoulder to remind us that there is more to see than what our blinders are showing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment