Friday, April 6, 2012

A New Life 2 - The Black Truck

The biggest breakthrough I had with the recent purchases of my new things is this lesson.  There is no such thing as "fair".

After buying my truck, I could not shake the feeling that I had made a "bad deal".  Although I overpaid by a few hundred dollars, I knew the money was to help out the salesman and his family.  And I was very OK knowing that I could help him and his situation.  The funny thing is that if I had overpaid 10 thousand dollars for the house, I would not have even blinked twice.  But this few hundred dollars lingered in the back of my mind like a rash in the middle of my back.

I have learned now that anytime an issue lingers around for days, usually there is a lesson to be learned.  And this lesson is a "doozy".  If there is no rule, then the correlation to the rule is that there is no "justice".

What exactly is "justice" or "fairness"?  Each of us defines fairness as what is fair for me.  Fairness is essentially another word for entitlement.  When I get what I want out of a transaction, then it's fair.  If I don't, then it's not fair.  However, what construes as fair for me is inherently not fair for the other party.

Although I "overpaid" because the dealer had underestimated my trade-in, the price of the truck was already listed $4,000 under the blue book value.  The asking price alone was enough to offset the money that I "overpaid".

Moreover, the money that goes into the salesman pocket was exactly the amount that I would have given my mother if she were here (but she is away in Australia).   So the net gain or loss to my bank account is still zero.

Last of all, the fact that I got such a good deal in the first place was because the first owner of the truck had such a "bad deal" when he traded in his truck.  So in the overall scheme, the Universe had granted me a very "good deal", but I kept having a nagging feeling that I had paid too much and somehow it wasn't "fair".  Why?  Because I had been conditioned by society to think that I needed to look out for number one...me.  Everything that I am entitled to, I should have.  If I have less than what I deserve, then I am either weak or foolish.

Nothing is further from the natural laws of the Universe.  There is no such thing as fair or unfair.  There is only excess and deficiency and how the two polarities harmonize with each other.  One flows into the other until deficiency transforms into excess and the cycle reverses direction.  The events that transpired over the last few weeks were the results of me currently being in the state of "excess of money".  The reverse may be true in the future.  In contrast, last year I was in a state of deficiency for companionship, and the Universe had conspired to remedy that situation.

When you are unable to harmonize with the natural flow between excess and deficiency, you personally encounter pain and suffering.  This dynamics between excess and deficiency exists in everything: money, power, love, health, time, inner peace, food, etc.

What we have excess of, there will be opportunities for us to freely give it away.  What we lack, there will be opportunities for us to receive.  Be open to give and accept.  Don't question.  Don't analyze.  Don't judge.  Once we get rid of our individual sense of fairness, we can begin to see the Universe's sense of "fairness". 

No comments:

Post a Comment