Friday, January 6, 2012

A Course in Miracles - Day 10

My thoughts do not mean anything.

To be more precise, my thoughts about things of this world do not mean anything.  This lesson goes back to all the previous lessons, which tried to free my mind from the constructs built by this world.

This lesson recalls a recent lesson I learned from Sam, who loves to take all his toys (4 boxes full) and dumps them all over the bed right before bedtime.  It takes him 10 seconds to create something that would take me at least 20 minutes to sort and put away.  I would get mad because in my mind he is deliberately doing it to irritate me and to waste my time.  But in his mind he is surrounding himself with all the treasures of his world before retiring.

I must look without judgment.  I must see with a child's eye, as if I'm seeing these things for the first time in my life.  And when I do, I no longer will have preconceived ideas of what I am seeing.  My mind will be uncluttered of meaningless thoughts about this world...leaving it cleared to hear God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment